Re: ok

In message <Pine.GSO.3.96.980730123458.21312A-100000@pegasus.rutgers.edu>, elflord@pegasus.rutgers.edu writes:
>> If you guys want to use more than about 400 megs, we should reconsider
>> and probably put the ftp archive on belegost:
>
>In the short term, this is not that likely. In the long term, it is quite
>possible. Moving to Belegost would be a little trick because if the
>repository is on there, I really need the website there as well.
>
>What would be involved in moving the website to belegost if we had to do
>it ? WOuld this be problematic name-wise ?

Wouldn't be hard; belegost is already virthosting as seul.org and
mirrors.seul.org, it would just be another one. We'd have to switch
where www.independence.seul.org pointed to, but that isn't tough to
do.

How many people need access to the website?

Alternatively, we could set things up like they are with seul: the
website cvs repository lives on cran, and when people do a cvs commit,
a script gets called that transfers the new files over to belegost. This
is awfully convenient for us now that it's set up, but I suspect the
learning curve is pretty steep.

I've started archiving independence-l on belegost. I'll ask omega to
frob the seul website such that the archives will be accessible via
http://www.seul.org/archives/independence-l/
(but it'll be a couple days til that happens)

--Roger