Re: Logo

ephemeron wrote:

> Two colors should do. As the Americans say, three's a crowd. The
> previewed logo has six: yellow, red, brown, pink (?), blue and black.

Yeah, and they are almost all transitional colors as well :-)

But well, OK, I am going to do this Bazaar-style from now on. I gave you
ppl quite some time for input on the logo, I made some sketches, showed
them, tried to push up a discussion about it. It resulted in exactly 5
mails from 4 different people (excluding myself here). It did not result
in any specific proposals or restrictions on the logo, other than those
that I *did* keep in mind when designing this logo. So I guess you'll
understand that it's a little bit late for proposals right now.

This is not because I think my proposal is perfect as it is, but just
because I thought I could finally *finish* this and start working on
other things again. Now, if I have to process all new input, I'd be busy
again. So for me, the time of voting is over, and the time of product
delivery is here. If you think the logo has not become what the sketches
promised to be, you could still make a point. Otherwise, it's a little
late for the point.

So here's my proposal:
- The logo is hereby offered to the Independence project
- If you wish for any changes, do it the Bazaar way[*]
- If the logo, or the concept is rejected totally, then _hands off_ of
it again, and I will market Game Boy as a T-shirt print myself.

[*] About the "Bazaar way":
- Critical comments are in fact useless, for they won't change a thing
- You could try to do constructive proposals, in the hope that I will
apply them (e.g. the Tux proposal that was made). But off course it's
your arguments against mine then, plus I might not be so anxious anymore
to get back to the drawing board, capice? :-)
- You could also make the changes yourself, and share them with the
people. Then it is to Indy which one will be chosen.

So it's as simple as that. Please let me know if you plan to accept the
logo, or a variation on it, because as I said before, I kinda like it
myself, so if it won't be used, I take it back and use it for my own
purposes.

I'd like for Indy to have a good logo. I don't care whether that is mine
or not, but I have finally made some constructive input for it, and now
it is up to others to do the best with it. I hope to hear from you all
soon.

Greets,

Stefan