Re: Propaganda themes

>At LinuxExpo I used the "La Liberte" painting with la Liberte holding
>a blue flag with a Penguin on it.

The logo contest never got very far.

>Slogan was:  "Independence distribution: La revolte des gueux".
>
>(Revolt of gueux)
>
>Gueux was the derogative way the medieval nobility called peasants.
>Don't know the english translation for this.

Pee ons, peons has been used to describe the lowly worker here ("menial
worker, drudge"), has been taken from Spanish and brought into common
English. We don't find the word to be derogatory here though. Unless a guy
wearing a suit says it.

>Slogan expressed the fact that present distributions tend to ignore
>many people who use or learn Linux in non traditional ways and that in
>fact it is time we the "commons", the guys whose needs have ever been
>ignored begin to take charge and build a Linux distribution designed
>for _our_ needs.
>
>If we continue in this line that will dictate genaral tone of the
>announcement.
>
>Now do we continue on this line or do we step back considering the
>slogan a bit agressive?

>--
> Jean Francois Martinez

"Linux for the Masses" You want to change the old one to be a bit more
aggressive? Wonder what a person who worked in advertisement would say to
catch ones eye and engage the brain at the same time? Easy Linux? Linux Made
Easy? Romantic side: Linux for you and Me?

Having fun,

Bud