(FWD) Re: Synopsis

----- Forwarded message from owner-independence-l@seul.org -----

From: Santeri Kannisto <ss@zeus.sot.com>
Subject: Re: Synopsis
To: independence-l@independence.seul.org
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 100 05:23:29 +0300 (EEST)
reply-to: Santeri.Kannisto@sot.com

dumas patrice wrote:
> > Does parted allow the growing/shrinking of Linux or Windows partitions?
>
> Yes. And also it creates filesystems.
> <off-topic>
> I tried to put a dos partition at the end of all my linux partitions, in
> a disk where there is a windows partition too. Windows has still
> problems with that partition, but it is with parted (instead of dos/win
> or fdisk/mkdosfs) that there are less problems.
> </off-topic>
>
> Parted can be used in two ways, there is a C library that does all the
> stuff, and a "front-end" command line oriented, interactive or not.
> So it is possible to use the library (its API is documented) or the
> whole stuff in scripts.

But how about ntfs? Only one for that I have found is commercial.
Win2k uses ntfs.

For everything else parted seems to be perfect with proper GUI.

--
Mr. Santeri Kannisto      sk@sot.com  - http://www.sot.com/
SOT Finnish Software Engineering Ltd. - fax +358 401 833982

----- End forwarded message -----