RE: another success story

>>    This brings up a point...  There is no image writer on the ftp site!
>> Not to mention that "Grab these images and make floppies" is a bit vague
>> to a beginner.  I grabbed a copy of rawrite3 from a Caldera CD I had
>
>rawrite3 is in the dosutils directory

Uh...  No.  The dosutils dir on the distribution FTP site is empty...
We should fix this. ;-)

>> handy, and put it in the images directory of the iso image I am working
>> on.  I used it because it was easy, runs with instructions, and was on
>> the first CD I could find. :-)  I also shamelessly modified Caldera's
>> English readme for instructions.  Any problems with this?
>
>Don't know.

  I can upload my version somewhere...  Do we have a place?  If not, by
mid week, I should have a developer FTP site up with some real hard
drive space here.

>>    Put me down for a second.  I have a bunch of machines, and I am
>> installing it on a few for variety. :-)  Machine 1 went perfect <other
>> than sound...  Still haven't looked>, but machine 2...  It found the
>
>sndconfig
>
>> card, and picked a supported mode, but came up like it was overscanned.
>
>Perhaps you could use xvidtune.
>
>> It also could not find the NIC on install.  Most of the machines I have

   Found The vid card.  It was bad vram. :-)  Ooops...  Still having
trouble with the NICs.  Compaq used a lot of the TI Tlan Tnete100pce
chips.  I have tried the thunderlan driver, but haven't had any luck
yet...  Still working on it.