RE: Samba, and the latest version.

>>    In looking doing the basic docs, I noticed we still have a 1.9 Samba
>> in our distribution.  Is there some reason we don't have the 2.0.3?  I
>> know you need to go to 2.0.x to run the 2.2.x kernel...  It also has
>
>Limited resources.  I had to be selective abouut what I included and
>remember I wasn't aiming at companies (this is left for future
>versions) so don't spend effort on company-oriented software that
>RedHat would be shipping in next version.

   Understandable.  Of course, the cultural differences are showing
again. :-)  Everyone I know is running Win95 file and print sharing at
home too.  The main feature of 2.x that I thought applied was the GUI
control, and the ability to join a domain.  <Like dial into the office
domain from home>

>There is an upgrade kit to 2.2 kernel in the additionals directory.
>It should include the newer Samba.

   Does this mean the next release <in 2 months> will run a 2.2 kernel,
and a 2.0.x Samba?  If so, I will just design that part of the docs
around the new Samba now.  After all, the docs won't "ship" until the
new release either. :-)

>--
>			Jean Francois Martinez

   By the way...  Did you sleep at all when this was a one man show?

			Lee