RE: Blender status change

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, yiyus wrote:

> I love Blender, it should stay in the distribution. If you are worried about
> the license look at http://www.blender.nl/NaN.html where you can read
> "Blender 2.0: - GPL and/or plugin API." I don't see GPL as a very
> restrictive license :-)

I don't think it is clear that they are releasing anything under the GPL.
Surfing their webpage just left me more confused. Try this out for size
... "Also the freeware (and possibly GPL) strategy of blender is
important"..."It's about the 'public image' of Blender"

Perhaps we need to make it clear that "free" is much better than
"freeware".

It looks like he is considering releasing the core under the GPL, and
adding commercial "plug-ins". If this is the case, maybe it is acceptable,
as it means that he would be effectively giving away the program and
selling modules for it.

Maybe it's worth emailing the author and trying to get to the bottom of
this.

-- Donovan