RE: Autodocs texts

>>    Good point, but I do want to mention the standards the internet is
>> built on.  Do you think explaining what an RFC is, and giving a link
>> would be OK?
>
>At this point no.  I don't remember if it was in installtion or in the
>first part but in both cases is far too soon: they are installing
>Linux and have enough trouble in their hands.  In addition I hope
>there will be people installing it for the GIMP or the modellers not
>for studying network protocols.

   Never exclude anyone. :-)  OK, my bias is showing, but still, Linux
is a great introduction to networking.  Anyway, I will see what I can do
to make it less intimidating without offending my network sensibilities
too much. :-)

>>    Isn't there also something about LILO not supporting over 500 meg
>> partitions?  I know I got the flag with a machine with LBA support, so
>> there has to be more.  It was also in hda1, 750 meg after track 0.
>
>Because the entire boot partition must be under 512 megs it results
>teh boot partition cannot be bigger than 512 Megs on disks or Biosses
>without LBA support.  Also to use LBA mode it must be enabled on the
>BIOS.  Also it is possible fdisk or lilo issues a warning if the root
>partition is not entirely under the 512 Megs limit.  But I have a 2G
>boot partition located at 4G from start in the box I have at my office
>and it boots fine.

   This is the trouble...  This limit is inconsistent, and we can't even
pin down where it happens.  On one system, it had a 2.5 gig hard drive
with LBA mode.  It was running Win95 on a 2 gig partition.  That
partition was shrunk down to 750 meg, and left for a duel boot.  When
building up the Linux partitions, Disk Druid refused to make a /
partition over 500 meg.  <I didn't try 512 as I like even numbers.  It
denied 550>
   On a different machine of the same model <DeskPro 4000.  What a
surprise :-) > I was able to make a 1 gig /, and a 3 gig /home with no
problem.  I don't want to put in the AutoDocs, "It may or may not let
you have a big root, and we don't know why." :-)

			Lee