Re: Windows95 users

I downloaded Indy to a Win95 box and transferred it to a partition on my
other two boxes (Win95 and Win98).  I had already installed RH 5.1 and I
wasn't sure how/if the install would work from a DOS partition so I moved
the RPMs over to the Linux partition on each machine.  I exploded the
directory tree under Linux to avoid any file naming issues (native anyway
so easier on Linux).

I did have issues with filenaming.  The default handling of file names
with multiple dots for Netscape under Win9x is to convert all but the last
to the underscore.  This was minor compared to the truncation of the file
names (to 8.3 format) when I transferred from Win9x to Linux (one box
under FAT16/barebones Win95, the other under FAT32/Win98).  It didn't seem
to make a difference to the upgrade with the exception of the package not
found errors that I mentioned previously.

Brian Wiens