Re: an easier bash

Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Birger Langkjer wrote:
>
> > This is the Install script:
> >
> > #! bin/sh
> > cat hushrc>>/etc/bashrc
Of course it's #!/bin/sh
                ^^
I guess even something as simple as this can have bugs...
I wrote this under windoze using cygwin-bash and FSDEXT2, I've only just
tested it under Linux.

> a better way of doing it is to put an executable file called hushrc.sh in
> /etc/profile.d . This makes it easier to uninstall.
I agree, if you run the Install script several times, /etc/bashrc will
become very long. Will this work?->

hushrc.sh:

#!/bin/sh
# hush = human(e) shell (extension to bash)
# some nice shorthand aliases
alias x=startx
alias cp='cp -i'
[snip]
# and now for locale
if [ -f /usr/lib/hush/$LANG/aliases ] ; then
	 . /usr/lib/hush/$LANG/aliases
fi

> /etc/profile ( at least on Redhat ) sources all executable .sh files in
> /etc/profile.d
>
> Actually, I like the idea. I can whip up an RPM of it ... ( and you can
> put it on your site ... )
I would appreciate that :-) I don't know how to build rpm's.

It's 4 am here: Time for bed.
best regards
--
Birger Langkjer