Re: Indy (beta?)

> Donovan Rebbechi wrote:
> >
> > BTW, I added Kword to the font HOWTO. The most important thing to do to
> > get WYSIWYG printing working in kword is ship a decent fontmap with
> > ghostscript. I suggest we send a tweaked fontmap. In the HOWTO, there's a
> > "Fontmap.m"s file that can be appended to the ghostscript Fontmap that wil
> > make the MS TTfonts collection print with Kword and ghostscript.
>
> Ohh... LinuxWorld has an article up about some travails with XF86 4 and
> a little howto on getting X to use the 100 DPI fonts.
>
> http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/lw-2000-03/lw-03-penguin_5.html
>
> I did it and it works.  now I am going to modify those instructions
> and see if they make the computer use the TTFs.

Caldera does this right: they look at the screen size, at what
resolution was asked and they automatically set the XF86Config to use
the best fonts so the HOWTO about 100 dpi fonts is a one liner:
"switch to Caldera".  Of course if I have time or somebody looks at
Xconfigurator this HOWTO could be a little longer: "switch to Caldera
or to Independence".

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org