Re: Review of Caldera OpenLinux 2.2 posted

On Mon, 31 May 1999, in an otherwise quiet room, Dave Gudeman yelled:

> However, it is not fully mature yet and has some UI bugs. For example every
> time you start a COAS program you get a pop-up window telling you what COAS
> is.

And you can only change one thing; if you want to do more, you have to
restart it. :(

> And you can only use it as root. If you start it as a non-root user it
> asks you for the root password and then exits. Not very useful :-).

Uh...on my wife's laptop, COL 2.2 COAS just continues normally after
you give it the root password.  It only did what you describe if you
entered the *wrong* password. :)

--
Wolfkin.
wolfkin@freedomspace.net | Libertarian webhost? www.freedomspace.net