Re: Re: Cleaning the distrib

On Tue, 1 May 2001, ephemeron@uk2.net wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 May 2001 05:17, Jean Francois Martinez wrote:
>
> Re: Removing superfluous software (cruft.txt)
>
> MAIL CLIENTS: Any reason why you're not including KMail? It's in much
> better shape than Evolution. Unless, of course, you don't plan to
> include any KDE stuff.

I have not used the latest KMail but from what i heard its not very
good at all. I used the old one from KDE 1.1.2 and it sucked.

> BROWSERS: For most sites Konqueror is a faster, more featureful
> browser than either Netscape and Mozilla. Again the only reason you
> should avoid it is if you don't want to include any KDE apps at all.
> Konqueror is a a more than half-decent graphic browser. And a fairly
> good file manager to boot. If you want something consistently faster
> the only option is perhaps Opera (which is non-free or at least free
> to the degree you want to get bombarded by Net ads).

Opera is all fine and dandy EXCEPT for the ads. I still use it though
because my computer is so slow that mozzila and netscape are almost
imposible to run efficiently.

> WINDOW MANAGERS: Why not include icewm, the most Windows-like of the
> lite browsers. icewm-gnome has gnome support.

I like icewm or sawfish with GNOME best and i think they are the
easiest

--
cEnsE,

  Project Nothing