Re: Modellers

> Does anyone know about a quarter-decent _free_ modeller?
>
> --
> 			Jean Francois Martinez
>
> Project Independence: Linux for the Masses
> http://www.independence.seul.org

I've never used a modeller let alone a decent one, but here's some candidates
(i.e. ones that have free source) that somebody who knows anything
about modellers could take a look at:

Sceda II
http://www.tls.com/mbeast/

3dom
http://www.gv.kotnet.org/~kdf/3dom/

All the other modellers seemed to be either non-free (blender, AC3D, Amapi,
Leo3D) as jfm pointed out or else obviously unsuitable (e.g. Irit which has
no GUI, Moonlight Creator which appears very interesting but very alpha)

My impression is that of the two candidates, Sceda is the more fully
implemented one..

                              S. Lockwood
                         sjl@zorbas.ece.ucsb.edu
                    http://folletts.ece.ucsb.edu/~sjl