Re: Logo and text - revised

Ok...I'm going to remove the posting restriction on independence-l. Let's
hope we don't get more spam.
--roger

Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 13:04:07 -0500 (EST)
From: Donovan Rebbechi <elflord@panix.com>
To: independence-l@independence.seul.org
Subject: Re: Logo and text - revised

> <STRONG>the</STRONG> dominant operating system.  But
> this will not happen if Linux continues to be a system for an elite, such as, a
> system that depends upon the past, UNIX.

> striving to be a distribution which is built by volunteers who are willing
> to shun UNIX and think Linux.</p>

Ouch. Speaking for myself, I use OpenBSD on my server because in terms of
its security features, it is a zillion times more advanced than linux. But
you wouldn't catch me using it on my home computer.

The point is not that UNIX is bad, the point is that Linux targets
home user's desktop and UNIX doesn't.

--
Donovan