A couple ideas

I am contemplating to try recompiling the ditrib with gcc 2.95.  It
seems to have a big performance boot respective to egcs 1.1.2 and is
not as risky as pgcc.

However this would be a _heavy_ task and reloading the entire distrib
cannot be done by someone as band-width starved I am.

Second I will add lokkit in the distrib.  This is a very simple to use
tool for protectiong you from attacks coming from the Internet.  In
ulterior releases of the distrib we could have it sutaomatically
started during the install or at first boot.

Third: I don't think we should movve to the 6.1 installer.  We don't
have the source code for bugfixes (so we would have to fix them
ourselves) and it eats over 50 megs intall.  This move is not so good
for PR but aren't we supposed to do the right thing?

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org