submission from [Matt & Kim <patawi@ice.polarcom.com>] (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 03:59:22 -0500
From: owner-independence-l@seul.org
To: owner-independence-l@independence.seul.org
Subject: BOUNCE independence-l@independence.seul.org:    Non-member submission
    from [Matt & Kim <patawi@ice.polarcom.com>]

>What would be your plan for a UI. Maybe we should shoot for a consistent
>look and feel. Sort of an Indy standard. (See my post a few days
>earlier regarding my idea for a console desktop).

Thanks for that aside, I had completely missed the message the first time
around, don't know how. :)   Anyway, my answer would be a resounding Yes. I
certainly have felt the need for such a tool and have often wondered why
nobody developed anything that would sit sort of halfway between the ascii
command line and full blown resource intensive bitmapped windows.

As for look and feel, the best ascii/ansi consoles I've used have been
similar to the dos versions of Norton Utilities or the Aurora Text Editor.
I can send you screenshots if you are unfamiliar with them.

cheers,

-matt