Re: I still can't help

Den man, 29 nov 1999 skrev du:
> Actually, one of the popular myths is that you declare a project open
> source and millions of developers come from nowhere and start submitting
> contributions.  The reality is that this only happens to very large
> projects ( such as the linux kernel ).

A project has to be very cool to attract so many dedicated contributors.

As a rule you cannot trust people's promises. I've been on both sides of the
fence, I've been disappointed by other people and other people have probably
been disappointed by me. It's very frustrating but I suppose I can hardly
complain. Right now I'm in 2 projects, I'm active in one, but the other one is
like "don't mention the war".

> Again, this is ( to some degree ) a myth. The truth is that 99% of the
> work on most opensource projects is done by a very small core of
> developers.

This is my experience also. ESR doth protest too much.

--
Med venlig hilsen/Best regards
Birger Langkjer