Re: I still can't help

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Roger R Dingledine wrote:

> When I get a free evening, I'm going to look into mindterm: assuming you've
> got a recent netscape or IE, you can ssh into cran simply by starting a
> java applet. Works nicely, tho it might be tricky for me to install on
> cran.
> The webpage says it's also got good support for encrypted file transfer.
> Will let you know more after I sleep.
> --Roger

It works great. I use it and the VNC viewer for ssh VNC sessions. It
can be installed as simply as adding a web page and the mindterm.jar
file to the site and installing the latest Red Hat ssh rpm's.

The user loads the page, the applet starts, and you logon and go! That
simple. Works with IE & NS 4.0 and greater. It is very convenient to use
because you can use any PC with a compatible web browser. The client PC
does not need to have ssh installed. Great for use with Windows PC's.
It has a nice interface also. Many options are included, like FTP
tunneling.

--

R.G. Mayhue
rgmayhue@serenesoftware.com