Re: Web site, SSI, SSH, and Windows SCP

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> I see. And the page could be sucked into another page via server side
> includes. That would work ( actually , it's the kind of thing they're good
> for )

Okay, good. But would I need to include any HTML or could it just be
plain text?

> > of the progress of the project to a
> > designated area of the site that requires no SSH or other encryption,
> > a script like Roger's
>
> I am not sure what kind of "script" you are talking about. Allowing

I was refering to part of the scripts Roger spoke of. Meaning if I would
upload a file to the ftp incomming directory (or a special directory
set up for this purpose) a script that would check for any new files
every 15 min and move them to the proper directory on the web site
automatically.

> concerned about scp, I suggest ftp-ing to an incoming directory, then use
> an ssh-telnet  session to move it to the right location. ( if you need a
> free ssh client for windows, try ttssh )

I have ssh installed, but wouldn't I need a logon and passwd for the
telnet sessions?

No need for the windows client. Use Linux 95% of the time. Starting to
wonder why I keep it around. (sigh)

> > I think it would be a good idea to add project pages to the site. It
>
> I agree. WOuld you like a page for your project ?

Yes, why not. Lets get started! I post it ASAP after I get the required
info.

> Essentially a good idea. I don't like allowing arbitrary anonymous uploads
> though, because it is like putting a back door on cran.

You know what's best for the site. Just send me the info and let me
know what to do.

Oh BTW, welcome back Lee!

--

R.G. Mayhue