Re: News and cuts

"S. Lockwood" a écrit :

> > Goal is to keep only the best in everything, but at the same time I
> > don't want to remove a program who has a significant user base, so tell
> > if you are using one of the following:
> >
> > elm
> > mh/exmh/nmh
> > mutt
> > pine (this one also reads news)
> > im
> My suggestion would be to drop all but pine...
>
> In my experience, pine is pretty popular on college email systems so people
> who are (or recently have been) students may well be familiar with it.
> The pine/pico help menu at the bottom is also fairly friendly to beginners.
> I use elm myself, but I don't think it has as large a user base. I think
> elm is more old-guard, mostly in use by people who would be able to install
> it themselves if they needed to.

I agree for pine. But if I remember, pine can only use POP or IMAP, and mutt can
do the 2. Also mutt is considered by a lot of users to be the most powerfull mail
client, the most configureable and so on. But it is experienced users point of
view, as normal end-user would assume the mail client to be allready configured.

All therse are console based mail clients, that's why you want to drop them ?

Pat