Re: kexpress

>On Sun, 3 Oct 1999, Bud wrote:
>
>> I can't get it to go, must need rh 6. I don't have the necessary
libraries and
>> tried the tar.gz and no go there either. Of course, if I knew what I
was doing

>General notes on compiling things:
>
>You need to install qt-devel, and all the other -devel packages on the
CD
>if you want anything to compile.
>
>To compile, the easiest way is to get the src.rpm , and install it:
>
>rpm -i foo.src.rpm
>cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
>rpm -bb kexpress.spec
>
>( wait for it to build )
>
>then your RPM will be sitting in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/
>
>cheers,
>--
>Donovan

Thanks, I knew that I had to have some libraries for it to compile, I
have been waiting for my brain to catch up with the stuff I read. Trouble
is, too much to remember. I'll need to get a book about compiling so I
know what is going on, just to sit and look stupid while the errors
scroll by is not much fun. And, I have been waiting for that CD to be
finalized.

Bye the way, my CDRW is /dev/sr1 but it will not mount, command line
tells me there is no such device, but in the messages it is recognized as
such. My other CDR is sr0 and no problem. Got me stumped, just like my MO
drive.

Bud