Re: Comparing software

Den fre, 29 okt 1999 skrev du:

> About XFmail I have tried to join the author severla times but failed,
> I even asked to other Israeli people but seems no one has heard of him.

I think XFmail is worth salvaging if it's possible to change the toolkit and
the license. It has most of the functions you except from a modern GUI
mailreader and the worst showstopping bugs are probably worked out by now. It's
surprising that more developers aren't working on GUI mailreaders like Balsa
adding features and stability, since everybody use them all the time, and pine
and mutt can't be that great. I guess the trouble with mailreaders is that it's
so hard to change once you've started using one. It lessens your desire to shop
around for a better one.

> We don't even know if the author is alive.  Then the heirs aare the
> owners of xfmail.

That's probably xfmail.slappy.org then.

--
Med venlig hilsen/Best regards