Re: FAQ - revised ... again :)

On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Karlis Loen wrote:

> We might just run off and make our own little distros.

Why do that ? I'd bet you could find a project which has the same goals as
yourselves.

> http://www.dragonlinux.nu

This project's goals are somewhat different from ours. Our goal is to make
linux easy to use, not to make linux fit on a floppy. Dragon Linux's
primary goal is to make a minimal working system that can live on a UMSDOS
filesystem.  The "tiny" distributions are certainly useful, but are not
really suited to the typical home user.

The home user expects a GUI and tools to save time and make the system
easy to configure s/he expects things to work with little or no effort.
While something like dragon will spare them the effort of partitioning,
vmware, FIPS, partition magic, and the newer installers also get around
partitioning issues.

--
Donovan