The download page

This is the download page submitted for comments.  There is only one page left
--
                Jean Francois Martinez

The Independence project: because Linux should be for everyone
http://independence.seul.org

Title: Downloading Independence
html>

Downloading Independence

Before starting you should read Indy's features and our word of warning.

Downloading iso images

Use of iso images is mandatory if you plan to install from CD and recommended if you plan to install from a hard disk. Iso images are located at ftp://ftp.seul.org/pub/independence/current/iso/Indy. Also due to space constraints Independence does not provide isos from sources. Sources are available only as individual packages.

Downloading individual packages

Individual packages are available at . Source packages are available at ftp://ftp.seul.org/pub/independence/current/os/SRPMS

Downloading differential

If you would like to move from RedHat to Indy but don't want to download packages who are common to both then in ftp://ftp.seul.org/pub/independence/current/differential> you will find those packages who differ between RedHat and Indy. However for now there is no specail conversion utility for going from RedHat to Indy taking care of conflicts and of RedHat packages who in Indy have been replaced by superior alternatives.

Downloading docs

There is an ISO image of docs at
ftp://ftp.seul.org/pub/independence/current/doc. We presently don't provide individual packages from the docs in that iso image.

SpeedTouch kit

Independence provides a complete kit for the popular USB-based SpeedTouch modems. It can be downloaded from ftp://ftp.seul.org/pub/independence/SpeedTouch. You will still need to get the mgmt firmware loader from Alcatel available at http://www.alcateldsl.com. In the future we hope to be able to provide an automatic installer who will care of downloading the firmware and configuring the modem.