Re: Need X output

> Speaking of the subject, can you tell me why Gnome no longer works
> after I upgraded XFree86 to 3.3.3.1-52 ? Maybe there's an extra package
> I forgot to upgrade? This is what it says:
>

> _IceTransSocketUNIXCreateListener: mkdir(/tmp/.ICE-unix) failed, errno = 17
> _IceTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to create listener for local
> _IceTransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 101
> session mgr init error: Could not open network socket
> _IceTransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 101
>
> Gnome does start eventually, but first after a very long time, like
> maybe >5 min.
>
> --
> Med venlig hilsen/Best regards
> Birger Langkjer
> http://members.xoom.com/langkjer
ICE stands for InterClient Exchange, and it's gnome-session which tries to
create this socket for communication between gnome apps. I'm not sure why
it's suddenly failing though -- the ICE library is in the XFree86-libs
package; could that one have failed to install due to dependencies and you
forgot/didn't notice?

While I'm at it, here's another X listing:

(--) Mach64: PCI: Mach64 GX rev 1, Aperture @ 0xff000000, Sparse I/O @ 0x02ec
(--) Mach64: Memory type: 0
(--) Mach64: Video RAM: 2048k
(--) Mach64: Using 8 MB aperture @ 0xff000000