Re: Need X output

Den tor, 02 sep 1999 skrev du:
> > Speaking of the subject, can you tell me why Gnome no longer works
> > after I upgraded XFree86 to 3.3.3.1-52 ? Maybe there's an extra package
> > I forgot to upgrade? This is what it says:
> >

> > _IceTransSocketUNIXCreateListener: mkdir(/tmp/.ICE-unix) failed, errno = 17
> > _IceTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to create listener for local
> > _IceTransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 101
> > session mgr init error: Could not open network socket
> > _IceTransSocketINETConnect: Can't connect: errno = 101
> >
> > Gnome does start eventually, but first after a very long time, like
> > maybe >5 min.
> >
> > --
> > Med venlig hilsen/Best regards
> > Birger Langkjer
> > http://members.xoom.com/langkjer
> ICE stands for InterClient Exchange, and it's gnome-session which tries to
> create this socket for communication between gnome apps. I'm not sure why
> it's suddenly failing though -- the ICE library is in the XFree86-libs
> package; could that one have failed to install due to dependencies and you
> forgot/didn't notice?

I just queried it and it _is_ upgraded:

XFree86-3.3.3.1-52.i386.rpm
XFree86-S3V-3.3.3.1-52.i386.rpm
XFree86-SVGA-3.3.3.1-52.i386.rpm
XFree86-devel-3.3.3.1-52.i386.rpm
XFree86-libs-3.3.3.1-52.i386.rpm
XFree86-xfs-3.3.3.1-52.i386.rpm

Perhaps I should recompile gnome-core or gnomenetwork? Gnome-libs is
the latest version 1.0.16.

Sometimes when I delete all files in /tmp/ and ~/.gnome* + ~/.ICE*
Gnome starts more quickly but it only lasts till the next time.