Re: Do we change the slogan?

>Btw: There's a discussion on Slashdot.org right now about this very
>topic - a more userfriendly Linux. Perhaps now is a good time to make
>some pr for Independence? :-)

The article which sparked the discussion is at Linux Journal:
http://207.178.22.52/articles/currents/006.html
and the slashdot discussion is at:
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=99/09/13/1019228&mode=thread

The article is well worth the read and is speaking to some of what Indy
is doing already. It begins:

"My friendly local network administrator walked in just as I
was finishing up my Red Hat 6.0 installation, the day after
the software's release. He's a UNIX guy, and I thought he'd
be pleased to see users like me making the switch from Windows
to Linux. But the look on his face told me otherwise--shock,
horror, dread. "Do you know how to configure Linux so that it's
secure on a LAN? Which daemons are you running? Are you
running sendmail? Do you know how to configure it?  Do you
have the latest version of bind? Aarggh!"

A couple of weeks later, I found out why he was so worried.
Working at home, and sheltered (or so I thought) by a dynamically
assigned IP address, I suddenly realized I wasn't the only person
using my computer...."

cheers,

-matt