Re: Do we change the slogan?

"
 ab populis; pro populis
>    of the people; for the people

granted this might be an idiom in some of cicero's rhetoric, but my first
translation of this would be "[away] from the people; for the people".
careful about ambiguity.

anyway. back to lurking.
--roger
"

ambiguity was my purpose for staying away from ex since so many divorcees
call their 'previous'
'ex'
if you want to keep the Latin in deference to those who do not speak English
and take pride in their respective mother tongues you could use

e populis; pro populis
which means the same thing as ex and would avoid the 'away from' avoidance
connotation. i have included below all of the contenders for final
preposition for anyone wanting to comment or vote or whatever.

"
AB PREP ABL
ab
by (agent), from (departure, cause, remote origin (time); after (reference)

=>EX
EX PREP ABL
ex
out of, from; by reason of; according to; because of, as a result of

=>DE
DE PREP ABL
de
down from, from; about, of, concerning; according to;
"