IP traffic accounting?

We have a situation where we need to do IP accounting on our internet link
so we can establish our high-bandwidth users.

iptraf does not seem to be suited to this purpose for a couple reasons.

First, it doesn't log traffic totals.

Secondly, it groups the totals by both source AND destination so
establishing the grand total for a given destination IP is not possible.

Is anyone aware of software for doing IP accounting by destination IP or
of a patch/hack for iptraf to provide this functionality?

Thanks.
--
John Lange