Re: [kidsgames] Results of various kidsgames testing over the past few month's

Kidsgames Project Coordinator - Jeff Waddell wrote:

> Here are some comments and such on some of the games I've been testing.
>
> If other's have some let's get them out and start working on them ;)
>
> --
> Jeff Waddell
> jeff@smluc.org
>
> Kids Games Project Coordinator
> main website at http://smluc.org/SIA/kidsgames/

Jeff,

I couldn't help but notice that you mentioned Linux Letters and Numbers
0.1.7 in your review.
Thought I'd clear up a few things:

* The current version is 0.1.95.
* It also includes sound support.
* I found that with an obvious exit button, my kids were constantly
closing the program.
(resulting in Daddy!!! My game went away!!! complaints)
* you can of course, use the escape key and the window manager's close
button, and I find that they generally escape a child's attention.

The other major improvement is in the area of internationalization, the
infrastructure is much better for creating translated versions of the
game (currently available in English, Dutch, and French).

--
Sincerely,

Kirk Ismay
				kirk_ismay@users.sourceforge.net