Re: [kidsgames] Re: GUIs und kinder

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999 thudson@cygnus.com wrote:

> Jeffery Douglas Waddell wrote:
> >
> > What does semi-pro mean?
> >
> It means I've spent way too much money for someone that no longer
> plays professionally. Basically the quality is good enough to
> do professional production, but you would expect more from a studio
> that was charging you by the hour. All of these expensive goodies
> were purchased before I had a family :-)

:)

> I use to play professionally and do some limited production work.
> But if I factored in the cost of the equipment, I never made
> money. Matter of fact, I've done gigs where the band's drink tab
> was more than we made at the door.

oops...

> > I look forward to it.  Are you aware of Rosegarden?
> >
> Yes. Though I haven't played with it in some time.

Actually neither have I, but when I was playing with it I thought it was
very cool.

> Has anyone given any thought to programming languages or
> environments.

Lots and there will be a lot more to think about.

> Seems like it would be nice to provide
> some time of framework/language/visual design environment
> so that non-programmers could develop content.

Hopefully KGB (Kids Game Builder) will provide this.

> I'm not
> that familiar with the Mac, but I've heard that Hyperstack
> was like this.

I just spent a good deal of time trying to find technical specifications
for Apple's hypercard/stack and was very disappointed at the results.  I
have trouble supporting a product that does not bother to support ME.

> Thomas

Sincerely,

Jeff Waddell
jeff@smluc.org