[Libevent-users] event base: multi-thread producers, single thread consumer?

I've got a server with multiple threads, each with their own event base.  Works wonderfully.  I have a new situation that would be solved quite easily if I could have all threads (but one) push events onto the event base for the final thread.  That final thread will process events as they come up.

Reading through some of the additional libevent documentation, I'm wondering if I'm going to need to engage the various locking bits (evthread_set_id_callback, evthread_set_lock_callbacks, etc) to preserve the sanctity of that one event base?

So far, I've been able to avoid any kind of locking in this server and would be quite reluctant to add any at this point.

Thoughts?  Thanks!

- scott