[Libevent-users] Event callback from evbuffer_add_printf

Hello,

Is it possible that evbuffer_add_printf triggers an event callback on a bufferevent before returning?

We've had a system based on libevent running for years and suddenly tuesday morning it started crashing. Gathering information from core files and logs we've concluded that the event callback on the SSL bufferevents is called when we call evbuffer_add_printf.

After changing to deferred callbacks on the bufferevents the issue is gone. The biggest question we're asking ourselves is, why did the callbacks suddenly fire now after years of not firing?

Best regards,