Re: [Libevent-users] Strange behaviour with bufferevents

* Matt Dainty <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2013-04-15 08:10:37]:

> I'm currently using Mac OS X 10.8.3 with libevent 2.0.21 installed from
> MacPorts. I've tried the test case on CentOS 6.x with the same version of
> libevent and I can't reproduce it which makes me think it's something
> specific to either OS X or the OS X support in libevent perhaps?

I got some pointers off-list to try playing with the EVENT_*
environment variables; setting EVENT_SHOW_METHOD shows that OS X prefers
kqueue(2) by default. If I set EVENT_NOKQUEUE then it switches to
poll(2) and I get the correct behaviour I'm expecting.

Searching for "kqueue on os x buggy" shows this is a known problem on
OS X in general and I eventually find the chapter on creating custom
event_base's in the libevent book, with an explicit note about kqueue
on OS X ;-)

Apologies for the noise

Matt