Re: [Libevent-users] libevent & SCTP

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 5:22 AM, Alexander Drozdov <dzal_mail@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Are there any plans or ideas to add extra support of SCTP protocol to
> libevent?

Hi!

I'd like to add a UDP-based bufferevent-like thing at some point; I
believe there's a thread about that from a little while back.

Adding an SCTP-based bufferevent-like thing is likely to be entirely
depending on somebody working on it; I don't currently have enough use
cases for SCTP in my own life to be the right person to build
something like that.

If you (or anybody else) is interested in SCTP or UDP support, the
right place to start is probably by figuring out the right API.
Ideally, we'd find a way to share as much code and API as possible
(but no more!) with the current bufferevent/evbuffer code.

yrs,
--
Nick