Re: [Libevent-users] Regarding Libevent Crash Issue

On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 05:41:04PM +0530, vijay mishra wrote:
> Hi Azat,
>
>   Thanks for your reply.... I guess I have already compiled it in Android
> environment... And I am afraid I can't change my build environment.
>      However can you please let me know what additional info is needed for
> getting a fix for this.?

Well it is not easy to answer this question, since if application mess
up with memory somewhere then you definitely can have such
problems/crashes.

And valgrind will show this mess (invalid read/invalid write).
You don't need to recompile the whole program to run it under valgrind,
all you need is to compile valgrind, and you can take a look here for
the help [1].

Also you can try newer version of libevent [2].

If you can't do [1] or [2], then it will be *very hard* to find the root
cause of the problem, but of course you can use libevent internal
debugging facilities:
  event_enable_debug_mode();
  // event_enable_debug_logging(EVENT_DBG_ALL); // and try to analyze logs after this

[1]: http://valgrind.org/docs/manual/dist.readme-android.html
[2]: https://github.com/libevent/libevent