[Libevent-users] http client core dump when server is suddenly closed

I am using the http module in libevent-2.0.6rc for both the clients and the server, and I am testing the case where the client is rigourously sending things over to the server and the server exits abruptly halfway, current I get a core dump on the client, and traced to the line in http.c:1153

EVUTIL_ASSERT(evcon->state == EVCON_IDLE);

I have added debugging statements and found that the state is actually 3 (EVCON_READING_FIRSTLINE)

I assume this is a valid condition where the connection is closed when the client is reading stuffs from the server? I have removed this assert from http.c and it seems to work as expected.

Cheers,
Phuah Yee Keat