Re: [Libevent-users] https support within libevent

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 05:54:42PM -0400, Nick Mathewson wrote:
> Neat!   APIwise, is there also a way to just pass in an SSL_CTX or use
> a factory function to create SSL objects?  This kind of "config
> structure" trick is neat, but a lot of time, I need to do some pretty
> heavy unanticipated SSL hackery.

Trivial change; In this case I was laying out the structure - but I will
take this into account.

> Also, this is a yet another good sign that Mark's "libevhtp" might be
> more maintainable going forward than our current evhttp.c http
> implementation.  People should definitely try it out, look at the
> source code, etc: once it's feature-complete and passes all of
> Libevent's current http unit tests, I'd like to start talking about
> whether and how we can eventually migrate towards it as a drop-in
> seamless source-compatible evhttp replacement, and away from having to
> maintain the current evhttp.c code indefinitely.  If this is a bad
> idea for some reason, we should figure that out soon.

On this note, a few people have already contributed and I thank you. One
of the big things I intend to do next is to get client support built,
and if anyone wants to help out with that I will buy you a drink of your
choice.