[Libevent-users] Strange behavior with ssl bufferevent. 2.0.21

Hi,

I created a SSL bufferevent.
And tried to connect to a server (BUFFEREVENT_SSL_CONNECTING).
Before connection was successful/failure I decided to close the SSL bufferevent.

The following commands were used:
bufferevent_set_cb(ssl_bev, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL)
bufferevent_free(ssl_bev);

At the same time (but a bit after - since the same thread is used) the SSL connection to the server was successful.

Now here is the weird part. For some reason although I've set all the callbacks to NULL, the previous event_cb is called with a CONNECTED event.

This is very surprising and far from what I've expected. Is there a workaround to this issue? How come bufferevent_set_cb failed to work. It would seem that if there is already an event pending in the event base it would execute with the old callbacks /:

Thanks,
Tomer.