[Libevent-users] Linking to library in other project

Hello,

I am a new user here :o)

I plan on using the libevent library for the very first time in a project.
I wonder about something related to cross-compiling for Windows and Linux:

I compiled libevent with MinGW+MSYS on Windows in order to link my project against the libevent.a (static linking).
What if I want to link my project with the same library for the Linux version? I do not see any libevent.lib. Shall I use the libevent.a again? Or should I compile libevent in Linux first then use its output library, which I guess would be libevent(.dll).lib?

âThanks,â

---
B. R.