Re: [Libevent-users] SSL problems after update to libeven 2.1.8

After some time, I would like to revive this thread as the problem has not been fixed within Mesos.

So we still fail to support Ubuntu 17, 18.04 or macOS with Mesos in combination with libevent 2.1.8. Interestingly I was able to get the test that fails on the above to work on macOS 10.14 with libevent 2.1.5 - it fails on macOS 10.13 though - very puzzling. And finally, libevent 2.0.22 works accross all platforms in combination with Mesos.

I have gone ahead and created a docker image that contains a compiled libevent 2.1.8;

```
cd /root/libevent-2.1.8-stable
./autogen.sh
./configure  --enable-debug-mode --enable-verbose-debug --prefix=/root/usr
make -j16
make install
```

Additionally, the image contains a prebuilt Mesos including debug symbols;

```
cd /root/mesos
./bootstrap
mkdir build
cd build
../configure --enable-ssl --enable-libevent --disable-optimize --enable-debug --disable-java --disable-python --disable-werror --with-libevent=/root/usr
make tests -j16
```

All of the above details can also be seen on https://hub.docker.com/r/tillt/mesos-debug-libevent-ubuntu18/

For running the test that Alexander mentioned before;

```
docker run -it docker.io/tillt/mesos-debug-libevent-ubuntu18:version1 /root/mesos/build/3rdparty/libprocess/libprocess-tests --gtest_filter="SSLTest.SSLSocket" --verbose
```

Any help debugging further into this issue is highly welcome.

Thanks,
Till