Re: [Libevent-users] Threaded event bases

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 08:31:23PM -0500, Kevin Bowling wrote:
> One of the ideas I saw floating around for libevent 2.1 was threaded event
> bases to ease thread pool programming.
>
> This seems like a pretty challenging project and probably beyond my
> abilities at the moment but if we can hash some specs out I'd be interested
> in helping see it through to completion.

There are other options for consumer/worker pools. Check out
https://strcpy.net/mark/evthreads/ which uses a per-thread base
you can defer functions into threads from your main base.

https://strcpy.net/mark/evthreads/evthread_example.c shows how to
"defer" requests into its own thread.

Note: compiling this is probably not going to work unless you use my
abstractions lib: https://github.com/ellzey/LibZT