Re: [Libevent-users] evhttp: persistent connections over ssl with chunked transfer encoding bug?

On 12/22/11 13:29, Hochhaus, Andrew wrote:
While working on a comet http server, I have run into a problem where
the second request on a reused (persistent) TCP connection is not
processed by evhttp. Has anyone experienced behavior like this?

From my tests, I found this was due to the SSL handshake not being renegotiated since the existing SSL bufferevent is being used for the new TCP connection. I sent up a patch earlier this month to address this issue.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3458348&group_id=50884&atid=461322

It depends on trunk's evhttp_connection_bufferevent_new() function, which was introduced in 8d3a8500f420bab66b94265285ab9c096f1c7a87, so if you want to use it in 2.0.16, you'd have to pull that commit in too.

Thanks,
Myk