Re: [Libevent-users] specifying hints.ai_flags for bufferevent_socket_connect_hostname

On Mon, Dec 08, 2014 at 03:11:34PM +0000, Joseph Spadavecchia wrote:
> That's easy, but any preferences?

Unit tests

> Should it be a new property of
> evdns_base, e.g. set with evdns_base_set_default_flags(), or a new
> socket_connect_hostname function with the additional parameter?

I don't think that it should be something that related to evdns, since
bufferevent could even don't use it at all (evdns will be used only when
you will create any).
So I guess it should be new function, that will accept hints I guess.

Also I want to note that I'm not a libevent maintainer, so maybe he will
disagree with me in this.

Cheers,
Azat.