Re: [Libevent-users] Event base exiting from loop unexpectedly.

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 8:55 PM, Jj Jack <jjjack94@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, I tracked down a few more races in the alpha code, and changed
the way that bufferevent_free() works so that your callbacks are never
invoked after bufferevent_free() is run.  Bufferevents are
reference-counted internally; I suspect that for some people's use, it
would help for us to explicitly expose those, but I'm kinda waiting
for somebody to say, "Yes, being able to explicitly call
bufferevent_incref/decref would help me" before we complexify the API
any more.

I bet there are still some bugs left here, though.  It would be great
if somebody could write a nice simple stress-test for using lots of
bufferevents in a multithreaded environment, so we can try to track
more of them down.

--
Nick