Re: [Libevent-users] Libevent edge trigger support for udp in Solaris

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 9:52 PM, Sarita Sarathy <idlipodi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,

any more; see http://archives.seul.org/libevent/users/ for info on
subscribing to the current location.

> We would like to use UDP connections asynchronously in Solaris with edge trigger
> support in Solaris. Does libevent-2.0.10 have this support for Solaris 11.

It doesn't look like any of the solaris backends currently support
true edge-triggered (EV_ET) events.  I don't know the underlying APIs
very well, so I don't know whether this is a deficiency in the
port_associate/port_getn code, or whether it's a deficiency in the
evport.c backend.

Perhaps some person who knows solaris details better can have a look
at the evport.c backend and see what would need to be done to support
EV_ET?

--
Nick