Re: [Libevent-users] evrpc_status structure.

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 12:50 AM, Nick Mathewson <nickm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 9:28 PM, fabien pichot <pichot.fabien@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm currently working on a prototype of decentralized VPN, and I'm
>> using libevent for anything related to network.
>>
>> Recently, I decided to write RPC to communicate between my nodes. And
>> after a quick hovering on evrpc/evhttp, I decided to give it a shot.
>>
>> However, when I tried to check for errors in the callback of
>> EVRPC_MAKE_REQUEST, I realized that the struct evrpc_status is only
>> forward declared in event2/rpc.h. In consequence, there is no portable
>> and forward compatible way to access the error field nor to compare it
>> against any of it's error codes, as they are defined in
>> event2/rpc_struct.h.
>>
>> Am I doing things wrong ?
>>
>> I'll probably submit a patch in the near future to make a public API
>> to access theses fields, if no one tell me not to so.
>>

> A public API to access these fields would be the right thing.  First,
> make sure that we didn't add them already in the 2.1 series -- but I'm
> pretty sure we haven't done so yet.
>
> best wishes,
> --
> Nick

Hello,

I didn't lurk that ML that much, so I'm not really sure about the way to send
patches. But anyway, attached is a patch that makes the error codes public and
add two functions to get the error and the http request from the evrpc_status
structure.

--
Pichot Fabien -epitech_2013-
Teaching assistant C/C++/Unix