Re: [Libevent-users] Purpose of use_wrapper in le-proxy.c?

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 1:24 PM, Jeffrey Walton <noloader@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> samples/le-proxy.c has a `use_wrapper` flag. Its used in, for example,
> `accept_cb` (parts shown below). I don't quite understand its purpose.
>
> There's also a `use_ssl` and that's tied to `ssl_ctx` (and the source
> code mkes some decisions around `ssl_ctx`, which makes sense to me).
>
> What is the purpose of `use_wrapper`?

There are two implementations of the OpenSSL bufferevent code.  One
works by having OpenSSL do all the reads and writes to a socket
directly.  The other works by wrapping around a lower-level
bufferevent.

For more information, see
http://www.wangafu.net/~nickm/libevent-book/Ref6a_advanced_bufferevents.html
.

Generally, you'll probably get better performance from the direct
implementation, unless you've got something unusual going on.

peace,
--
Nick