[Libevent-users] error response from select on Windows

Hi,

Recently I've been investigating the mysterious termination of my event dispatch loop on a Windows system, with libevent 2.0.21. This has happened extremely rarely, and only in an EC2 virtualized environment. The system is not OOMing, so I suspect an error return from select in win32_dispatch (which is the only place that dispatch could return an error). Assume for the sake of discussion that I'm not passing invalid socket descriptors or timeouts, and that I have plenty of events queued to keep the loop from exiting because empty (a minidump of the process shows 100 events queued on the event_base). The MSDN documentation lists several possible errors (e.g. WSAENETDOWN), but certainly I never see those returned during transient network failures (e.g. switching wireless networks). Does anyone have any ideas?

Best,

--nate